Feb 28, 2024
This program is Intended to prepare students for entry-level positions in a wastewater plant upon licensure obtainment. See faculty advisor for additional information or visit water.mecc.edu.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion, students will be able to:
- Possess the knowledge and skills necessary to succeed in an entry-level position in a water/wastewater treatment facility.
- Become knowledgeable about processes and equipment used in water treatment, water distribution, wastewater collection and wastewater treatment.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the procedures related to water and wastewater treatment processes.
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of microbiology and chemistry applicable to water and wastewater treatment.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the principles of hydraulic systems as related to water and wastewater systems.
- Analyze and solve operational problems and perform mathematical calculations related to water and wastewater treatment processes.
- Operate a treatment plant in a respectable and ethical manner as dictated by state and federal regulations.
This program is designed to provide entry level wastewater plant operator skills.
To view additional details regarding the Water/Wastewater program, visit water.mecc.edu.
For Further Information, Contact:
Dr. Chuks Ogbonnaya
Matthew Rose, Dean
Total Program Credits: 25
Notes and Additional Curriculum Options
Course substitutions may be available. Please see an advisor for more information.