Graduates of the Energy Technology Electrical Emphasis Career Studies program are trained in the job skills necessary for employment as an entry level Electrical technician in both commercial and residential fields. These fields include leading edge technologies such as Solar PV and storage.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate the knowledge of safe working practices and procedures.
- Demonstrate and understand reading of blue prints and building design, and schematic.
- Demonstrate and understand troubleshooting techniques.
- Gain knowledge of the National Electrical Code.
- Gain an NCCER certification in Electrical.
- Gain the ability to Communicate and demonstrate good working practices with other workers.
- Demonstrate common wiring methods of both residential and commercial standards.
- Demonstrate wiring methods for alternative energy using solar electricity.
Graduates will find employment in various industries and service sectors as entry level electrical technicians.
Students may receive college credit for verified on-the-job experience.
For Further Information, Contact:
Matthew Rose, Dean