The Electricity Career Studies Certificate is designed to provide the job skills necessary for employment as an entry level electrical technician. Special emphasis is placed upon the installation and repairing of residential electrical distribution systems.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate the knowledge of safe working practices and procedures.
- Demonstrate and understand reading of blue prints and building design, and schematic.
- Demonstrate and understand troubleshooting techniques.
- Gain knowledge of the National Electrical Code.
- Gain an NCCER certification in Electrical, and Core curriculum.
- Gain the ability to Communicate and demonstrate good working practices with other workers.
- Demonstrate common wiring methods of residential standards.
The career studies certificate in Electricity is designed to prepare graduates for occupations such as electricians helpers and entry level electricians.
For Further Information, Contact:
Matthew Rose, Dean