Feb 28, 2024
The Computer Software Specialist - Mobile Application Development Career Studies Certificate is designed to prepare students to enter the workforce as mobile application developers who can create and test business-oriented software applications. The curriculum consists of general and specialized computer courses with an emphasis in mobile applications programming.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion, students will be able to:
- Write application software that makes efficient and secure use of operating system services.
- Develop an information system using accepted software development processes.
- Produce user applications using a specialized technology that builds upon fundamental software development practices.
- Analyze a problem and identify the appropriate data, hardware components and/or software requirements to develop a feasible solution.
- Use current tools and practices that support the software documentation process.
- Document system requirements and/or develop materials for clients in the proper use of hardware or software.
- Work cooperatively and effectively in teams to accomplish a shared goal.
- Analyze local and global information technology (IT) trends, while recognizing the influences of IT on cultural, economic, ethical, and legal issues and responsibilities.
- Support the management of information systems.
- Use logical and mathematical reasoning to analyze, organize, and interpret data.
Job opportunities in the immediate area and throughout the nation abound for students trained in computers. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics’ website, employment of software developers is projected to grow 24% from 2016 to 2026, which is much faster than the average for all occupations. Software developers will be needed to respond to an increased demand for computer software.
For Further Information, Contact:
Wes Mullins, Assistant Dean
Eligible For The Computer Software Specialist - Mobile Applications Career Studies Certificate
Total Program Credits: 18
Notes and Additional Curriculum Options
Course substitutions may be available. Please see an advisor for more information.